Revolution is seeking an energetic and talented professional with a solid understanding and interest in communications, public relations, and social media to support the communications team at Revolution, a Washington, D.C.- based venture capital firm focused on building disruptive, technology-enabled businesses. The firm is led by prominent industry leaders Steve Case, Ted Leonsis, Donn Davis, Steve Murray, Tige Savage, and David Golden.
This individual will report to and support the communications vice president and Rise of the Rest director on day-to-day activities including communications strategy, social media strategy, media relations, writing, and researching to help raise the profile of Revolution, Rise of the Rest (ROTR), and our portfolio companies. The position is a 90-day contract position with the opportunity to convert to full-time.
The Communications and Social Media Coordinator will help to shape the brand vision and social media strategy of the Revolution venture firm and The Rise of the Rest platform, a nationwide initiative to celebrate American entrepreneurship in cities across the country. You will help to create Facebook and Snapchat platforms and build a larger audience on Twitter and Instagram. You will also participate in the Rise of the Rest Tours, joining Steve Case and the Revolution team in a five-city / five-day in-depth tour to activate live, engaging, and creative social media campaigns.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- The following is a list of related job tasks; however others may be assigned as necessary:
- Serve as primary communications representative on behalf of Revolution & ROTR, using social media platforms, including: Twitter, Facebook, Snapchat, Instagram, YouTube, Google+ and others.
- Create communications strategy plans and content for social communities to support daily online community engagement, episodic information sharing and support for major initiatives.
- Serve as one of Revolution’s / ROTR leading brand and content managers by proofreading and reviewing content and drafting of various types of media as needed.
- Develop email marketing strategies for both Revolution and Rise of the Rest
- Develop and continuously research/analyze online community engagement efforts to ensure the highest return on investment and improve efficiency and impact.
- Execute real-time social media campaigns across multiple platforms during the Rise of the Rest tours.
- Provide overall support for the communications team and their initiatives where needed.
- Contribute to team discussions and brainstorms to help generate creative and innovative communication ideas.
- Create briefing materials to help executives prepare for events and media interviews.
- Monitor and track media developments related to Revolution entities and its partners.
- Regularly update speaking opportunities and conference calendar.
- Research media outlets and develop press outreach lists as appropriate.
- Track best practices and maintain a breadth of knowledge about current trends, emerging issues, policy interventions and innovations in Revolution’s areas of focus.
- One to three years of experience in social media and communications/digital marketing; experience working in an agency setting a plus.
- Demonstrated in-depth experience in leveraging social networking and other online community-related tools and content, and an enthusiasm for experimenting with new communications technologies.
- Experience in assisting with the development of communications and social media plans and strategies and managing media relationships.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills to effectively communicate Revolution messaging.
- Time management and prioritization skills.
- Strong personal initiative, good judgment, and impeccable ethics; desire to succeed in a demanding, innovative, and entrepreneurial environment.
- Interest in learning about being a communications professional, entrepreneurship, and the venture capital industry.
- Interest and familiarity with social media tools.
- A positive attitude is a must!
- BS/BA required
About Revolution LLC
Launched by Steve Case in 2005, Revolution invests in people and ideas that can change the world. The company’s mission is to give people more choice, control, and convenience in the important aspects of their lives – and build significant companies in the process.
To apply please send cover letter and resume directed to Meredith Balenske and Anna Mason to email@example.com